- 1 ripe banana
- 1 med cooking apple or large eating apple
- I tbsp. tahini (preferably organic raw dark) or nut butter of your choice e.g. almond, cashew
- Heaped tsp. maca
- Heaped tsp. cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- Half tsp. cinnamon
- Sprinkle nutmeg
- Half tsp. allspice
Everything other than the banana, tahini/nut butter and apple are optional and can be omitted or substituted.
- Slice the apple and stew in a smallish saucepan with a little water and the spices. After a couple of minutes add the goji berries to soften. Add a bit more water if it gets too dry.
- While the apple is stewing, mash your banana in a shallow breakfast/soup type bowl and mix in the tahini
- Sprinkle the maca and cacao nibs in a layer on top
- When the apple is stewed (approx. 5 minutes), pour on top of the banana mixture, making sure that it is completely covered and leave for a couple of minutes for the heat to soften and warm the banana
- Add drizzle of maple syrup to taste (optional according to how tart the apple is and your personal preference!)