CURRENT KYTA VACANCIES 2021
- To represent the best interests of the members and teachers at all times.
- To hold the space within which committee meetings take place.
- To take responsibility for the annual action plan involving all committee members
- To liaise on a larger scale with KRI to push for any changes needed to best serve the UK teacher’s community.
- To support the other members of the committee, ensuring that they can do the work required of them to the best of their ability, acknowledging that there are times when things are out of anyone’s control.
- To represent the spirit of the teachings.
DIGITAL & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Strategy, recruiting and training for all Digital team members
Oversee digital team
- Manage UK Community and Events Community groups in Facebook.
- Collect queries coming in via social media channels and run them past the committee. Respond as appropriate
- able to find quick solutions to every day technical issues and be able to explain these simply to the Committee when required.
- General development skills
- Knowledge of backend website processes
- Highly proficient in WordPress & its functionality
- Content Production skills
- Understanding of MemberPress, or ability to learn quickly
- Highly proficient with cPanel and all its functions
- Front end Word press development skills
- Understanding of designing and developing responsive design websites knowledge of Divi Theme a bonus but not essential
- HTML, CSS a must
- JS, SQL, PHP a bonus
- WordPress & Website management
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality such as adding new plugins
- General backend website, domain and server maintenance
- Collate, write, design and send out the monthly Newsletter, including working with contributors
- Create ad hoc promotional newsletters and mailouts
- Finance Officer must have an interest in ensuring integrity of accounts.
- Communicates between the committee, our accountants and administrator.
- Oversight of the accounts and able to present accounts to committee and AGM.
- Ability to advise and priorities strategic financial issues e.g. loans, fund raising and project budgets.
- Needs to be able to be in contact with Chair and Admin worker regularly.
You will be a Kundalini Yoga teacher, very active in the sangat and with your ear firmly on the ground about related events and occasions and with the ability to nurture networks and relationships with active members of the sangat, teacher trainers, schools and studios.
• Ideally you will have digital marketing know how including knowledge of community building across Facebook, Twitter and lnstagram
• Be a creative and competent writer
• Be an ideas person who can keep all KYTA content fresh and inspiring across all platforms and media
• The role is overseen by the Digital & Communication Officer
• Liaise with the committee to create KYTA related content e.g. videos with committee members, posts on specific topics etc, items from the newsletters etc.
• Curate content
• Produce Content Schedule of regular content to post on Facebook, lnstagram and Twitter
• Manage the social media team of sevadars & oversee their posts (if any)
• Work with Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Audition or other multimedia editing applications
• Promote KYTA and events via social media – on own platforms and others
• Nurture network for PR opportunities such as OM Magazine, Kundalini Times etc.
• Work with GBKYF to promote festival and KYTA association
• Write digital press releases
• Support committee members with promotion for events such as OM Show, KYTA Conference etc
• Liaise with Social Media Communities Producer to coordinate efforts
• Liaise with Digital & Communications Officer to create news pages and promote events via Website
• Liaise with Newsletter Producer to promote events in newsletter.