Contract Period: Initially 3-6 months with the intention for review to become a long-term contract.
Salary: £15/per hour (on a self-employed basis)
Location: Home based (ideally London Region but not essential)
Application Deadline: Midnight 30th November 2018
KYTA is the professional body for Kundalini Yoga teachers in the UK. We provide services to individual teachers and teacher training schools and provide information about Kundalini Yoga to members of the public. We have close links with KRI, 3HO and the training schools but remain independent of any other organisation. We maintain a neutral space in which teachers can receive peer support, build networks, maintain and develop their professional skills, and serve the Kundalini Yoga community. Membership is open to all KRI certified teachers and teachers in training. Our members benefit from comprehensive professional services.
KYTA is currently looking for a webmaster/developer to serve the organisation and the community of Kundalini Yoga teachers in the UK. The role will be on a self-employed basis working from home. In the first 4-5 weeks, the work will require approximately 10 + hours per week – or preferably in one block. Ongoing the commitment is 14 hours a month; there are seasonal highs and lows. As such the successful applicant will be expected to be flexible, self-motivated and have strong developer skills. As we serve our members with limited funds, KYTA remuneration will be £15.00 per hour – the balance to market rate would be your offering as Seva. Payment is made monthly.Skills Required
- SQL, PHP, and general development skills
- Advanced WordPress developer and design skills
- Cross-browser and cross-platform front-end skills (HTML, CSS, JS)
- A great bonus would be an understanding of Memberpress and Paypal subscription integration.
- Ideally, you will be a Kundalini Yoga Teacher and/or have knowledge and experience of how our yoga world turns and functions
- The website is in need of some technical updating
- We are considering migrating the theme to Divi.
- The membership system requires adjustments and integration with other plugins
- SEO & Website optimisation is required
- Regular website maintenance
- Some regular and some ad hoc content updates
- Website design updates and additions
- Fixing any issues that may arise.
- Updating events pages
- Answering member technical queries about subscriptions problems
- Answering member technical queries about other aspects of the website
This description may change according to the needs of the association. A final job description will be agreed between the committee and the incoming administrator at a review between 3 & 6 months.
How to Apply
If interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining your key qualifications, interest in the role and availability to commence the role. Deadline for applications is Midnight 30th November.
The KYTA committee will shortlist applicants for interview and will contact interviewees by phone or email. The interview will be via Skype with members of the KYTA committee.
Whilst we will make every effort to respond to all applications if you haven’t received a reply by 20th December 2018, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. We will, however, keep your CV on file and contact you if any other opportunities arise.
KYTA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, colour, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.]]>