April 8, 2020
Sat Nam Dear Members of our 3HO, Sikh Dharma and KRI Community:
This message is part of our effort to keep all members of our community informed about the investigation into the allegations of sexual misconduct by Yogi Bhajan. Our intention is to share as much key information as possible while protecting the privacy of those who have requested confidentiality and maintaining the independence of An Olive Branch’s investigation.
We urge all individuals who believe they have information relevant to the investigation to contact An Olive Branch at their confidential email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals will receive a response within about five days. Information both supporting and refuting the allegations is critically important and valued by the investigators, who are committed to conducting a complete, independent and balanced investigation.
The period of the allegations stretches from 1970 to the early 2000s. Evidence relevant to the investigation may include:
- Firsthand experiences with and observations regarding Yogi Bhajan and those around him,
- Statements heard that were made by Yogi Bhajan and by others relating to the alleged misconduct,
- Information about the relationships between Yogi Bhajan and those close to
Neither the Siri Singh Sahib Corporation (SSSC), its Collaborative Response Team (CRT), nor any other organizations under SSSC have any influence over the investigation or the report. An Olive Branch has provided the CRT with the following update:
- In total, 118 individuals have contacted An Olive Branch as of April 3. Those who contacted An Olive Branch have provided varied information, both supporting and refuting the
- An Olive Branch has either completed or is scheduling interviews with all who have requested them to date.
The investigation will remain open to new information, and An Olive Branch will continue to conduct interviews until at least April 30. A public report from An Olive Branch is expected to be released in June. We are here to make our best efforts to support all members of our community. Our mission is to seek the truth regarding these issues so we can move forward together toward understanding and healing.
Sat Nam, Collaborative Response Team